Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Human-Sized Pillow Project!

So, there were these immensely ugly pillows in my backyard.

I had to help those poor, poor pillows.

My mom ordered some fabric online, and I blasted some Frank Sinatra and got to work.  (Gotta love Frankie, right?)  I made some cool pillow covers (with a zipper, seam ripped from the original pillow).  These pillow covers are a great home-improvement project, or you could surprise a family member or friend with some awesome-opossum new pillows.
  I had to do a circle one, too, which was VERY hard.  (no pic, sorry!)


Before:


After:


Tutorial:  fold fabric rectangle in half and sew up sides (left and right only!!!) "hamburger style" (hahaha).  I used this crazy zig-zag straight-sides stitch.  Then, sew in a zipper on the side that is not sewn yet.  Ta-da!  You have a pillow cover!  (sorry for the bad tutorial)



No comments:

Post a Comment