Friday, March 21, 2014

Antique Store Finds!

I got three wonderful items from antique stores yesterday!  I got all of them for $20, and they are ALL vintage!

Item #1
Fashion Doll Bedroom Case
 Front
 inside
 Look at this cool pop-out bedroom! Loving the colors!  The pillows and bedskirts are folded over, but I will find a way to fix that small issue. There are snappy buttons to hold it closed when closing the case.
 There is a cute little spot to put hangers on.  I plan to make some hangers with one of My Froggy Stuff's tutorials!
 A compartment at the bottom says "Accessories".  (You can see this at the top)  Here it is open with some of Babs' accessories inside.
 Calie the Barbie is here for scale!
(You can see the "Accessories" compartment here)  There are two Barbie-holding spots.  Calie is here once again for scale.

Item #2
Tropical Barbie
I was digging around in a bin full of McDonalds toys and found this beauty!
 Such long hair!
 Totes adorbs!  I love her face. Very vintage! :)
 Beautiful hair!!!
 I really like posing her with this hair, and the swimsuit is awesome opossum!  She needs to be repaired a little bit, so this is a "before" shot.
A close-up of her swimsuit.  It also needs some repairs on the hems.

Item #3
Malibu PJ
(I'm not sure which Malibu PJ)
 Here she is! She is well loved and needs some repairs.  I founds her next to Tropical Barbie.
 Back
 She has toes!!!
 I love her vintage-looking smiling face.  Her hair is in great condition and is very soft.
 I made this top.
 Somebody has gotten a tan! Wow!
 Love Love LOVE her face! The paint is coming off in some places on her tan and face.  She is due for a paint job!
 You can see the texture of her hair well here.
 Oh yes--- this is the dress/top/tunic I found her in.  Anyone know the Barbie it came on?
 Here is the back.  I am thinking that it could be homemade.
 It has shorts in the bottom- maybe an ice skating outfit?
 I think it is homemade because it has snappy buttons.
 And a cute little sequin embellishment!
 Here it is on Malibu PJ.
 The back- a bit ripped.  Needs repairs!
And that concludes my antique store purchases.

Enjoy!
~FeFe~

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I have the updated 80's-90's version of the same bedroom playset. I had many hours of fun with it. It's one of my favorite playsets.

    Rather than PJ, you actually got Sun Lovin' Malibu Barbie! I have her too, she is very cute and I adore the tan lines. You got some great finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the coolest doll case that I have ever seen! It's great for a movie or photo backdrop. Thanks for telling me that she is Barbie! I had trouble identifying her. Her tan lines are rubbing off, so I probably need to re-paint those. Gotta love antique stores!
      Thanks!

      Delete