Sunday, March 2, 2014

My Cape!

This is my prized possession- my cape!  I made it and the pattern.  The main fabric is a heavy, gray fabric.  It is lined with purple sparkly fabric.  The neckline came out quite large, but it makes the cape look very cool and unique.  I taught myself how to make a buttonhole in this project (very challenging), but the buttonhole is absolutely perfect!  There is a cute collar that is lined with the purple sparkly fabric.  I used the same pattern to make a circle skirt!
This is the other side of the collar.
 Here is the inside of the cape!

 Look at this adorable button!
 Last but not least, the back of the cape.  You can see the slightly-bigger-than-expected neckline well here.
I typically wear my cape to fancy events and parties, and I always get compliments on it.

Enjoy!
~FeFe~

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I love to sew, so there will be many more sewing posts. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete