Sunday, March 2, 2014

My Barbie Dreamhouse Kitchen

Here is a pic of my dollhouse kitchen!  I made almost everything in this picture.
For each piece, I started with a cardboard box, covered it in paper, and then duck taped it.  I added pieces of duck tape covered cardboard with beads for knobs on drawers and cabinets.

Hehe, look at the window.  It looks like they have great weather where my Barbies live!  
 For the stove, I added an additional piece of cardboard, colored it, and hot glued beads for dials.  I drew little swirly lines for the burners.
 For the sink, I took an empty tape roll and put a piece of foam at the bottom.  The faucet is one of those little curvy things on plastic hangers.  I added beads for some pizazz!
 Drawers!
 I made a little bowl with a lid by covering an empty tape roll with paper and cutting a foam lid with beads for a knob.
 The lid comes off.
 Oh- I almost forgot- the flowerpot!  I found this little wooden piece that reminded me of a flower pot, so I colored it yellow and hot glued some fake plants inside.
 Barbie and her kitchen :D (I made this dress!)
The cabinets have big holes in the back for storage purposes.
I found this little dog... Isn't he adorable?
The fridge- I covered a large piece of cardboard with paper, hot glued some beads to a piece of wire for a "handle", taped pics of food inside, and taped on some "magnets" (my favorite magnet says whatevs :P).
The fridge opens!
It closes with magnets.  You can see the big black magnet, it sticks to some beads that are taped to the side (you can kind of see them).  In this pic you can see the pictures of food.

The kitchen is my favorite part of my dollhouse because it looks so fantastic! :)
~FeFe~
P.S. Sorry about the bad pictures.

2 comments:

  1. hello Fefe, your blog is amazing and its really awesome! I look forward to seeing more crafts/creations. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, KawaiiKells! I appreciate your comment :D

      Delete