Thursday, March 20, 2014

A New Barbie Outfit!

I'm very sorry for not posting for so long!  I have been very busy.  I have been making MANY movies!  Here is a swimsuit cover-up and headband that I sewed.

 Don't you just love her orange afro? She is one of my favorite Barbies. :D If you have a Barbie with cut hair, I recommend making a wig.
 The fabric is blue and white chevron.  I made a few little folds and sewed over them for a nice little touch on the cover-up.  I used my vintage Singer 185j (great little sewing machine!).
 A matching headband: I took a long strip of fabric and folded both edges down, and sewed over both.  I then sewed the two edges together.
 The back is secured with Velcro.  A little messy, but it works.
 I sewed over the Velcro even though it had adhesive on the back.  DO NOT DO THIS!!! It makes your needle very sticky.
Ta-da!  I made a few other little outfits that I may show in a future post.  Also, I went to an antique store yesterday and found some great vintage Barbie items.  Stay tuned, they will also be in a future post!

Enjoy!
~FeFe~

No comments:

Post a Comment