Monday, August 15, 2016

How I Edit My Stop Motion Animation Videos!

Hi guys!!!!!!!
Glittabomb FeFe here, and today i'm going to tell you how I edit my stop motion animation videos!

So first of all, I film with a Canon Rebel T3.  I love that camera and recommend it to everyone!!!  A problem I usually face with filming is memory.  I typically use at least one 16 GB card, but remember my movie Life in Black and White?  For that one, I used a 32 GB, 16 GB, and like 3 4GB cards.

It takes a while, but I upload all of the pictures onto iPhoto.  The computer I use is the 2007 iMac.  It's old but very trusty, and I have many stories about it.  For example, I have killed the hard drive at least twice.  Oops!  However, it still works like a charm.

After that, I transfer the photos from iPhoto to iStopMotion.  Believe me, I have looked far and wide for a different program because I didn't want to pay for it, but this is the best one.  Splurge and get it!  iStop Motion gathers up all the photos and compresses them into one video file.  There are other things you can use the program for, but I have not ventured that far yet.

I export to video file to iMovie or Final Cut Pro and edit from there!  I think I have iMovie '13 or '14, and Final Cut Pro 7.  Lately, I have been using iMovie because my Final Cut Pro has been having some major technical errors.  It may not seem like it, but you can do a lot with iMovie!  Just be creative!  I make titles, overlays, and thumbnails with PicMonkey, and record voiceovers with the basic iPhone recording app.

Got any questions?  Just comment and I will reply!  I hope this helps some of you out!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment